10 Reasons I Love Being a Boy-Mom
1. Nobody is ever going to shop my closet or borrow my best boots.
2. At roadside rest stops, I peacefully visit the ladies’ while the three of them go have target practice.
3. Despite no encouragement on our part, they can turn anything – anything – into a weapon. It boggles the mind…terrifying and fascinating at the same time.
4. My Christmas tree doesn’t just have beautiful heirloom ornaments passed down to me from my mother, and collected from all over the world. It has Yoda.
5. The amount of time it takes all three of my guys to get their hair cut just happens to be the same amount of time it takes for me to get a pedicure. Same salon, FTW.
6. Watching them sleep – they don’t sleep gracefully. They FALL – warriors on the battlefield, arms out-stretched, legs askew. As my friend Tickled Red says, “It’s a symphony of elbows, knees and feet that never changes… no matter how old they become.”
7. My boys (mostly) don’t give a flying flip what they wear. I do care, and I get to pick out their clothes and they (almost) never argue.
8. Every morning, I get to shower and dress in complete and glorious solitude. Except for my husband wandering in…(Around the age of 3, they realized I had stuff they didn’t and they had stuff I didn’t, and that was the last time they got to walk in on me getting dressed.)
9. Brothers. Words unnecessary:
Photo by Rosanne Parket
10. In their eyes, I’m healer, comforter, and cheerleader. When they take my face in their hands and kiss me sweetly on the cheek, I know that, in their eyes, I’m the most beautiful woman in th world.
At least for now.