Gratitude Wednesday: How Edamame Saved the Day
I’m finding myself in a state of extreme thankfulness right this moment. And shaking so bad I can barely type.
- I’m thankful for the bag of frozen edamame that was readily available in the freezer door that I opened as soon as I heard the scream.
- I’m thankful that Scooby, hyperactive goofball that he can be, immediately grasped the gravity of the moment and did not walk, but ran to get his dad at my quiet command.
- I’m thankful that Scrappy never saw what was smeared all over me and the bag of edamame clamped to his scalp.
- I’m thankful that I pulled off a really good impression of calm, cool, and collected when really I was panicked and hysterical.
- I’m thankful the bleeding stopped on it’s own, and that we are not, at this very moment, on our way to get stitches in the dead of night.
- I’m thankful that I now know exactly how I’m going to respond to head wounds in the future, having just had a bit of practice.
Just another evening in the life of a boy-mom. You’ll have to excuse me while I go pass out now.